by davebaol, xabby666, and XFlak.
This is a Custom IOS, an IOS modified to add some new features not available in the official IOS.
This IOS has been made to be used ONLY with homebrew software.
The d2x cIOS is an enhanced version of the cIOSX rev21 by Waninkoko.
[ d2x v9 ]
- ModMii 6.0.6 or higher is required to build d2x wads. The d2x-cios-installer
doesn't need to be updated instead.
- EHCI module enhanced with interrupt callback to detect usb port status
changes. Now usb instruments are plug&play just like they are when playing
the original dvd through the disc channel (tnx to hermes cios source).
- Improved usb compatibility: some problematic hdd are now supported,
shred skateboard controller is now supported, mics and usb instruments
should work better than before (tnx to rodries for the great help).
- Fixed an issue in ehci descriptors (tnx to rodries).
- Fixed a slowdown issue when initializing the device. Now the device is not
unmounted anymore if it's mounted already (tnx to rodries).
- Increased read/write sectors up to 64KB.
- Fixed an issue when checking if a usb device is inserted (tnx to rodries).
- Old SDHC and FAT modules have been removed to prevent random freezing with
the new EHCI module. SDHC and FAT capabilities are now embedded rispectively
in EHCI/USBS module and FS plugin.
- Patched Nintendo's SDI module to register a new device name without the
initial slash, i.e. dev/sdio. This alternative name is required by nand
emulation to prevent deadlock since we have to open the sd card from inside
- Registered an alternative device name for EHCI and USBS modules, i.e.
dev/usb2 (same reason mentioned above).
- Increased EHCI thread priority from 0x48 to 0x78.
- Removed the easter egg introduced by Waninkoko in cios rev20.
- Added to EHCI a ioctl command to set watchdog timout. This should fix the
issue which certain HDD that park their heads after less than 10 seconds of
- Added to EHCI a ioctl command to save module configuration. This command is
called by the ES plugin during ios reload block management.
News Source (1)