Friday, November 30, 2012

Wii Chatter v0.1


by ThatOtherPerson

ThatOtherPerson's Notes
=======================

Wii Chatter is a chat room program. You post text and people can read it.
The onscreen keyboard can’t yet switch between uppercase and lowercase yet so it’s going to seem like everyone is screaming for a little while. Fixing that is pretty high up on my to do list. If it really bothers anyone I can make changes on the server side to make everything lowercase well you wait for the next version. Do you think a QWERTY layout would be better? I’d like to also add support for USB keyboards.
Hopefully it will get into the homebrew browser sometime soon. It’s been over a month since the last batch of games/updates were added. I’m thinking about making a homebrew browser alternative and/or making my games self updating. It seems like there is still a reasonable (though certainly declining) number of people playing Wii homebrew but only a small minority of people visit dev sites like this or even general homebrew news sites to get the latest versions of brew.
I’m probably going to replace the home menu / dashboard UI I use in all my stuff with not blue versions of the UI elements I made for this. Because of reasons. Any objections?


DOWNLOAD (1)
News Source (1)