Saturday, February 26, 2011

Neo Tanks 0.1

by ThatOtherPerson
A fun 3D tank game.

ThatOtherPerson's Notes
=======================
Here is a quick Wii port of Neo Tanks. Its a nice little animated graphical demo showing two armies of 3D tanks fighting each other. You can move the camera a bit with the directional pad but its otherwise completely non interactive. Its effectively just a screen saver.

I haven’t really decided what if anything I’m going to do with this. I might update it at some point but I’m not sure if I’ll actually be making a game out of it or not. It will probably just remain a demo.

Sorry for the lack of screenshot but I haven’t yet looked into how to go about recording the rendered screen on Wii to output as a file (the way I was doing it before was dependent on SDL). And without lowering the number of tanks to something pointless it just crashes for me in Dolphin (which is what I used to get the screenshot for the first build of the Wii port of The Untitled Project). But if you’re wondering it looks pretty much exactly the same as it does on PS3 just at a lower resolution.
=======================

DOWNLOAD (1)
News Source (1)